MongoDB Monitoring Service (MMS) is a free cloud-based service provided by 10gen for monitoring MongoDB deployments in real time. MMS features charts, custom dashboards and automated alerting to track performance, utilization and other KPIs. Designed specifically for MongoDB, MMS ensures that users have visibility into the right metrics to manage and optimize applications during development and in production. MMS requires minimal setup and configuration.
Proactive Monitoring and Management
MMS collects statistics on all key server and hardware indicators and presents the data in a powerful web console. MMS tracks over 100 metrics to monitor the health of MongoDB clusters. By default, the MMS dashboard displays 9 metrics:
- Op Counters – Count of operations executed per second
- Memory – Amount of data MongoDB is using
- Lock Percent – Percent of time spent in write lock
- Background Flush – Average time to flush data to disk
- Connections – Number of current open connections to MongoDB
- Queues – Number of operations waiting to run
- Page Faults – Number of page faults to disk
- Replication – Oplog length (for primary) and replication delay to primary (on secondary)
- Journal – Amount of data written to journal
For customers with MongoDB Subscriptions, MMS enables 10gen engineers to monitor deployments on an ongoing basis and suggest corrective action before degradation occurs. MMS also helps shorten the response time for support issues. When customers file tickets with the 10gen support team, our engineers can examine their MMS data, enabling them to identify customers' configurations and any troubling signs about their clusters.
Setting up MMS is simple:
- Create an account at mms.10gen.com.
- Download and install the MMS agent on your cluster.
- Within minutes, a dashboard of your cluster will be available on mms.10gen.com.
No administration or maintenance is required.