NYC Powered By MongoDB Hackathon
April 27thNew York, NY, United States
The focus of our 24-hour hackathon is to build new applications and products on MongoDB, the highly scalable and agile database and the opportunities are endless: you can build the next big thing in open source, or the next million dollar company. Get help and advice from 10gen engineers and software developers with on the ground experience with MongoDB, and end the weekend with some amazing prizes, including free tickets to MongoNYC for the winning hack. Join us for a weekend of geeky hackery. 100% of Donations will go to HackNY to educate the next generation of hackers and promote innovation in New York City.
Some prizes include:
- An iPad for best hack launched on Red Hat's OpenShift platform
- A Kindle Fire for the best Twilio hack
- An XBox and a year's subscription to a Github Org Account for best Open Source Hack furnished by 10gen and Github.
- An Xbox+Kinect for the best Node.js Hack furnished by Nodejitsu
- A new iPad for best use of the Gilt API furnished by Gilt Groupe
- More to come! Stay tuned!
Friday, April 27
7:00pm: Doors open for happy hour and networking at ZocDoc (568 Broadway, 9th Floor)
7:45pm: Welcome keynote and API and Sponsor Presentations
9:30pm: Let the Hacking begin at 10gen (568 Broadway, 7th Floor)
Saturday April 28
9:00am: Breakfast Served
1:30pm: Close all hacking, sign ups for presentations
2:00pm: Presentations and Judging Begin (3-5 Minutes each) (ZocDoc 568 Broadway, 9th floor)
3:30pm: Presentations end
4:30pm: Awards ceremony begins
5:30pm: After Party at Von Bar, 3 Bleeker Street (at Bowery)