Technical Services Engineer
Sydney, Australia / Dublin, Ireland / Tel Aviv, Israel / Palo Alto, CA / New York, NY
10gen is the company behind MongoDB, the leading NoSQL database. MongoDB (named from "huMONGOus," meaning "extremely large") is reinventing data management and powering big data. Designed for how we build and run applications today, MongoDB empowers organizations to be more agile and scalable. It enables new types of applications, better customer experience, faster time to market and lower costs. MongoDB has a thriving global community with 4 million downloads, 50,000 Online Education registrations, 15,000 MongoDB User Group (MUG) members and 10,000 annual MongoDB Days attendees. The company has more than 600 customers, including many of the world’s largest organizations.
All engineers at 10gen are involved in every aspect of the technology, from supporting customers, to writing code to organizing and taking part in community events (Additionally noteworthy, our CEO and CTO still write code and provide technical support on a daily basis!).
For those with more experience, perhaps looking for a change, the wide adoption of MongoDB across the industry means that most IT experience is applicable.
Here at 10gen, we have a true hacker culture. Our global support team is experienced in development, networking, security, support, systems, and much more. The founders of 10gen created MongoDB to solve the new problems facing companies today. Their vision -- tools for developers, written by developers -- still defines our culture.
- Tackle engineering challenges and work with the latest start-up companies as they implement the next generation of services and products
- Be mentored by seasoned professionals and serial entrepreneurs, as well as learn from open source celebrities such as Dwight Merriman (founder and former CTO of DoubleClick), Eliot Horowitz (founder of ShopWiki) and Paul Pederson (co-founder of MarkLogic)
- Get your hands dirty contributing to the core MongoDB database, the supported drivers, our official documentation or work on something completely new and cutting edge
- Interact with the vibrant community around MongoDB and evangelize the technology through blogging, speaking, meet-ups, and coding
- Attend MongoDB conferences throughout the world – information on MongoDB is always in demand, and knowledgeable speakers are invited to a variety of conferences and events
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to troubleshoot, think through and solve a problem clearly and concisely
- CS/IS Degree or equivalent experience
- Strong Systems skills (one or more of Linux, Solaris, Windows, Mac OS X)
- Coding ability (one or more of Java, PHP, Python, Ruby, C, C++)
- Experience with MongoDB is a considerable advantage
- Language skills (Japanese, Chinese - Mandarin, German, Spanish, French, other) are an advantage
To all recruitment agencies: 10gen does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or 10gen employees. 10gen is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.