Software Engineer, Online Education
You will contribute to the design and implementation of our online classroom software stack, working to deliver seven-week Mongo classes to tens of thousands of students around the globe. Students will enroll in Mongo courses, enabled by software you write, with in-browser quizzing and online programming assignments, graded programmatically.
- Help design the core user interactions for online classes delivered through web and mobile.
- Design and develop the back-end code for registering students, delivering video content, quizzing, grading of programming assignments, reporting on student progress and communicating with students.
- Design and implement the datastore for courses and student progress (in Mongo of course!)
- Design and develop web and mobile sites to integrate with the backend courseware stack.
- Build workflow tools for processing content, integrating quizzes and programming assignments.
- Innovate and experiment with pedagogical techniques for online learning.
Nice to haves
- Excited about the revolution going on in free online education and are eager to contribute by educating the world on MongoDB.
- Experienced with Python and MongoDB.
- Smart and get things done.
- A graduate of a top engineering or computer science program or have the experience to prove that it does not matter.
- Interested in learning new things.
- Knowledgeable about a wide range of web and internet technologies.
- Comfortable testing and providing support for the code you write.
- Familiar with Amazon Web Services and other platforms for developing large scale apps.
- Excited about 10gen's mission and core database technology.
- Fun to work with and excited to work in a meritocracy where great work gets noticed.
To all recruitment agencies: 10gen does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or 10gen employees. 10gen is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Life at 10gen
Did You Know?
You can apply for a job using your LinkedIn account! Save time and include added resources by using LinkedIn to include your resume, work experience, and recommendations in your application.Apply now in New York