Senior Sales Representative
New York, NY / Palo Alto, CA / Austin, TX
10gen is the company behind MongoDB, the leading NoSQL database. MongoDB (named from "huMONGOus," meaning "extremely large") is reinventing data management and powering big data. Designed for how we build and run applications today, MongoDB empowers organizations to be more agile and scalable. It enables new types of applications, better customer experience, faster time to market and lower costs. MongoDB has a thriving global community with 4 million downloads, 50,000 Online Education registrations, 15,000 MongoDB User Group (MUG) members and 10,000 annual MongoDB Days attendees. The company has more than 600 customers, including many of the world’s largest organizations.
10gen, the creators of MongoDB, the most popular noSQL database, is enjoying huge adoption, as enterprises struggle to get their relational databases to scale. Not all data is created equal. MongoDB’s ease of use and native horizontal scalability allow companies to deliver applications faster and with more agility.
This strong enterprise adoptions means we need a rock star Senior Sales Executive to drive and manage strategic enterprise opportunities across North America but with a heavy concentration in the SF Bay area, New York City, or Texas.
- Aggressively prospect, identify, qualify and develop sales pipeline
- Close business to meet or exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual bookings objectives
- Enhance business relationships to leverage additional opportunities
- Work closely with professional services to reach revenue and achieve customer satisfaction
- Use salesforce.com to manage all customer/prospect interactions, management reports, and forecasting
- Establish new accounts
- Increase sales to existing customer base
- Sell a complete solution of software, Professional Services and Support to enhance the customer's ability to succeed
- Exercise prudent expense controls
- Works with Marketing to conduct seminars, assist with trade shows, and other marketing related events
- Travel to customer sites as needed
- 5+ years experience in Software Solutions Sales; database sales preferred
- For 2 of last 5 years must have experience selling enterprise software, with demonstrable success selling web infrastructure and managing strategic relationships
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience
- Candidate must be located in territory
- High-tech background, including database and software experience
- Demonstrated history of consistent goal achievement in highly competitive environment (top 10% performer)
- Energetic, upbeat, tenacious team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience successfully selling into technical user base & C-level
- Excellent multi-tasking skills
- Experience working within a quota and commission structure
- Outstanding relationship building skills with a high degree of responsiveness and integrity
- Familiarity with database, web server, enterprise market and technology
To all recruitment agencies: 10gen does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or 10gen employees. 10gen is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.