Java Application Engineer
New York, NY
10gen is the company behind MongoDB, the leading NoSQL database. MongoDB (named from "huMONGOus," meaning "extremely large") is reinventing data management and powering big data. Designed for how we build and run applications today, MongoDB empowers organizations to be more agile and scalable. It enables new types of applications, better customer experience, faster time to market and lower costs. MongoDB has a thriving global community with 4 million downloads, 50,000 Online Education registrations, 15,000 MongoDB User Group (MUG) members and 10,000 annual MongoDB Days attendees. The company has more than 600 customers, including many of the world’s largest organizations.
10gen is looking for a server-side Java engineer to join us in building the best database monitoring system on the planet. We have recently launched MMS, a freely available, cloud-based monitoring and alerting system for MongoDB. MMS is already being used to monitor thousands of MongoDB nodes and processes billions of metrics per day. There is tons to do to make it even better and to scale the system as we rapidly add new customers.
- Design, implement, and test core MMS features in a small team environment
- Assist ops team to troubleshoot operational issues with MMS itself
- Assist support team in using MMS to troubleshoot customer issues with MongoDB
- Expert Java engineer with 2+ years experience building web applications, front to back
- Experience with multi-threaded applications and concurrency
- Some experience of scripting (e.g. Python) a plus
- Familiarity with MongoDB a big plus
Nice to haves
- You want to be part of a great team working at the forefront of database technology innovation
- You're flexible. You'll be joining a small team, so you're willing to take on a wide variety of responsibilities
- You are well organized, used to keeping many balls in the air at the same time
- You realize that comprehensive testing is your responsibility as a developer
To all recruitment agencies: 10gen does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or 10gen employees. 10gen is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.