Palo Alto, CA
10gen is a technology start up based out of Palo Alto and New York that develops MongoDB; the open source database. We are venture capital backed, and growing at the speed of light. The culture here is upbeat and collaborative providing the opportunity to learn from an intellectual and accomplished peer group.
We are seeking an Accounting Manager to oversee day-to-day accounting activities, month end close, software & services revenue recognition, financial reports and financial analysis, assist with annual financial audits, system implementation and special projects. This person will manage and grow an initial team of 3 direct reports while maintaining a hands-on role in accounting.
- Manage the payable and receivables cycles
- Manage and/or prepare & post monthly journal entries
- Manage and/or perform account reconciliation and analysis of various accounts
- Review assumptions and judgements underlying significant estimates
- Reconcile cash and produce weekly cash forecast
- Complete month-end, quarter-end, and year-end accounting close, including analyzing historical financials and working with business units to identify all necessary accruals.
- Manage year-end audits and quarterly reviews
- Work with FP&A and perform analytical reviews
- Support department and field personnel with various accounting questions and issues
- Perform other related Ad Hoc projects as required
Who you are
- Bachelor degree in Accounting and working knowledge with GAAP
- At least 3 years of public accounting experience; preferably at one of the Big 4
- At least 5 years private company experience; preferably at a high-growth start-up or environments where you have to perform all areas of accounting
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Savvy with Excel functions and analysis tools
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize work, follow through and meet deadlines
- Accounts receivable and accounts payable feel like second nature to you
- Experienced with international accounting and foreign exchange
- Hands-on knowledge of Intacct, Expensify preferred
- Team player but able to focus and work independently
- Strong business partnering skills
- Ability to be main point of contact on audits
- You want to work at a high-speed, success-focused start-up!
To all recruitment agencies: 10gen does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or 10gen employees. 10gen is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Life at 10gen
Did You Know?
You can apply for a job using your LinkedIn account! Save time and include added resources by using LinkedIn to include your resume, work experience, and recommendations in your application.Apply now in Palo Alto, CA